Home Forums Ramadan Readiness 1 meal every other day or skipping a meal or Volunteer Fasting at Ramadan haram?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Is eating 1 meal every other day or skipping a meal every Wednesday haram or permitted during Ramadan?
    A Sister was saying I Fast every Wednesday and when I informed her that Ramadan supersedes all Fast even our National Fast if it comes in during Ramadan then she said I am not fasting I am “skipping” a meal…….lol
    Please advise.
    Shukran
    Sister Jamillah Muhammad
    Pittsburgh, your mom’s namesake and Fajir Prayerline 🙂

miciail x
    Participant

Asa……good question I can’t speak on the fast part of the question but as far as the eating one meal every other day part pertaining to Ramadan ( eating one meal every other day, it’s a structured eating way/ routine ) that one may have been doing for years even though you will receive the benefits of fasting , it’s more of a consistent life style than of a fast, if one changes their routine during Ramadan ( meaning they eat / break Ramadan fast by eating every night it very well can have effects that could make them sick ……me personally i do Ramadan but also at the same time eat only on tue, Thur and sunday and have ate that way since 2002 so it’s a routine not really a fast

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.